Dr Nick Beirne MA BDentSc Dip.Clin.Dent.
Dental Council reg no 07/04
All our dentists adhere to the strict guidelines governing the profession under strict guidance from the General Dental Council (GDC) “Standards for Dental Professionals”.
Dr Nick Beirne graduated from Trinity College Dublin in 1994. He spent 10 years in the UK as principal dental surgeon of a dental training practice, where he was responsible for training dentists on the Vocational Dental Scheme. Nick joined Portobello Dental Clinic as a partner in 2004.
Since his return to Ireland, Nick has developed and maintained a passion for all aspects of cosmetic dentistry. Over the years he has devoted several thousand hours to advanced technical training and to studying with some of the masters in the dental profession. His skill for smile design is a product of this extensive training combined with a naturally artistic eye. He has developed expertise in the highly specialised areas of implant dentistry, sedation dentistry, cosmetic dentistry and smile design. Nick’s commitment to continuing education and modern techniques is coupled with his desire to provide the best possible treatment for each patient. YOU are the most important person in his day.
Listen to Nick on the Marian Finucane show January 2010
Dental Trip 2008.
Nick’s recent further education:
- Dentistry Live! lecture series, London, June 2014
- Irish Dental Association Conference, Kilkenny, May 2014
- Occlusion design course, March 2014-October 2014 (online)
- Irish Association of General Dentists in Practice, Dublin, 25 Sept 2013
- Cerec Ireland, Dublin, 5 Sept 2013
- Bicon surgical and prosthetic course, Boston, 3-5 May 2013
- Advanced Cerec education lecture series, London, Sept 2012
- Dentistry Live! conference, London, May 2012, June 2013
- Six month smiles seminar, London, Jan 2012
- International Team of Implantologists congress, Liverpool, Dec 1-3 2001
- World Aesthetic Congress, 3 day lecture series, London June 2011
- Nobel Biocare advanced implant placement 15 month course. Belfast, 2009-2010
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry lecture series. USA, April 2009
- 2 Year diploma in Clinical dentistry. Dublin Dental Hospital, 2005-2007
- Irish Dental Association conferences 2010, 2007, 2006, 2005
- British Dental Association conferences 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001
- Irish assocation of General Dental Pracitioners lectures. Dublin, September 2009
- Solutions for snoring in practice. Dublin, May 2008
- Occlusion in practice with Dr Roy Higson Dublin, May 2007
- Cosmetic Bonding lectures. Dublin, October 2007
- Excellence in Aesthetics with Nasser Barghi. Dublin, Novmber 2007
- Advanced Aesthetic design seminar with Dr Larry Rosenthal. London, Dec 2005
- SAAD international dental conference on pain control London, June 2003
- Ultradent bonding techniques and endodontics lecture series. Salt Lake City, Utah March – April 2002
Nick also actively interacts with specialists and general dentists via the ITI study group, Cerec Ireland study group, and web based forums.
Nick is a member of the Irish Dental Association, the International team of Implantologists, the Society for Advancement of Anaesthesia in Dentistry and the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry.
To book an appointment with Dr. Nick Beirne – contact T: 01 4542022 or see here for online bookings.