Dr Ed Madeley qualified with First Class Honours from Cardiff University in his native Wales. Whilst studying Ed was awarded the Andrew Gerard Memorial Prize for the most clinically outstanding student; and upon graduation was awarded the Alumni Arts Prize as the student who had provided most to the course both academically and socially.
Following graduation Ed worked in a mixed NHS and Private practice in South Wales before relocating to Dublin in 2010. Ed then worked in private practice in Dublin and Kildare before joining Portobello clinic on a full time basis in 2011.
Ed takes pride in being part of a highly skilled and considerate team at Portobello dental clinic, and sees the importance in carrying out dental treatment in a calm and caring environment. He is particularly interested in the treatment of anxious patients, as well as oral surgery and cosmetics.
All the dentists at Portobello Dental Clinic have strict requirements in continuing Education to ensure the patient receives the most up-to-date care, and Ed is no different in this case. In the past few years Ed has completed the following courses as well as currently studying for a Diploma in Implantology.
- Pain and Anxiety control – SAAD London 2012
- British Dental Conference – Liverpool 2010
- Advanced Endodontics (root canal) lecture series – Cardiff 2009
- Cosmetic Bonding and Aesthetics with Ron Jackson – Cardiff 2009
- Cerec Training – Dublin 2011
- Advanced Oral surgery Techniques – Cardiff 2009
- 6 Month Smiles Orthodontics – London 2012
- Irish Dental Association metropolitan branch lecture series – 2010 onwards
- Posterior Composite Placement – Dublin 2011